Sunday, March 13, 2011

Decision Making

Oh, Midge. A-choo! You might want to sit in that chair over there. No, no *cough* way, way over there.

A-CHOO!

You see, I'm fighting a little cold, and I wouldn't want you to catch it.
Postpone today's lesson? Midge, we aren't getting any younger dear. You, specificially. The faster we - you - learn about what a man wants, the faster we - you - can find one of your own.

A-CHOO!

My goodness. That was a doozy.

I think I may have caught this cold from hubby. He was feeling a bit under the weather last week. That didn't stop me, however, from tending to his every need. Including kissing him and washing his handkerchiefs by hand. Yes, that may have done it. Or, more likely, I suppose, it was probably due to my damp hair and the cold weather conditions outside. Everyone knows that's a surefire way to get sick.

No matter, Midge. A perfect lady doesn't dwell on the negative. She exudes positivity!

A-CHOO!

Ask my husband to make dinner tonight? Midge, are you out of your mind? A little cold won't stop me from doing my wifely duties. Speaking of which, this week's lesson is called "Decision Making - How to Stay Out of Things."

What's that? Oh, Midge! Of course a lady gets to make SOME decisions. For instance, you can choose whether you want to use pine or lemon-scented cleaning solution on the hardwood. And if you want to paint your nails plum instead of raspberry, you can do that as well! If you'd like bubbly water, that's your own business. But let's not get crazy, OK?

Most of the decisions in life are made by the person best equipped to make them: your husband!

Yes, Midge, I know you don't have a husband. I can't even imagine how you get by, to be honest. You see, if you had a husband, he would do as mine does: decide what we'll watch on television, where we'll go on vacation (or if we even get to have a vacation!), what we should do on the weekend and what foods we should avoid (those he doesn't like, of course!).

You ENJOY making decisions? Midge, Midge, Midge - you only say that because you don't know any different!

A-CHOO!

What's that? You're going already? Well, I suppose it's for the best. I might be able to get in a little lie-down before hubby gets home. But come back next week, Midge. We'll be talking about wittiness - an area in which you have much improving to do!

A-CHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment