Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Chore For Each Day or Being the Perfect Housewife

Midge! Is that you? Midgery? Come on in, dear. I'm just putting my groceries away - I was marketing this morning, it being Thursday and all.

What's that? Of course I go to the market every Thursday! When else would I do it?

What?
Tuesday?

Midge, Midge, Midge. Once again, it's such a good thing we're friends. Allow me to right your wrongs and tell you exactly how one makes sure she keeps the perfect home each week. And how one avoids marketing on Tuesday. Really.

Here, take a look at my dish towel. See? It says "Thursday - Marketing". And look at tomorrow's! "Friday - Baking". You see, there's something for each day. Here's a handy way to remember what to do when (you know, in case you don't have dish towels to remind you).

Monday we wash and hang up the clothes,
Tuesday we press them - our care really shows!
Wednesday we mend and stitch and sew,
Thursday it's shopping - to market we go!
Friday we bake with sugar and flour,
Saturday we clean and wash and scour!
And Sunday, dear Midge, Sunday is best,
For that is the day we can finally rest.

But rest isn't really resting, is it? No! Sunday we have to make Sunday dinner. At least three courses, ending with a pie. Why pie? Oh, my! Midge, you always end with a pie. Men. Love. Pie.

So, Midge, you see how being organized can help you run your home more efficiently? What's that? When do I do car maintenance? When do I mow the lawn? When do I clean the eavestrough?

Midge, you are such a funny little thing! My husband does all of that, of course! Silly Midge!

Well, dear, it has been a delight talking with you - as always - but I must get back to my groceries...and then I must start dinner. There are lemons to meringue and pickles to relish and what not. So, dear, we'll chat again next week. And next week we'll have a LOT to chat about - my cousin Dorey is getting married and I'm going to be helping out with the ceremony!

Until then, dearest! Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment