Thursday, February 17, 2011

Who, me?

No, no. Not me. I'm definitely not always the perfect lady - but I DO have a strange fascination with how to BE the perfect lady.

And by perfect lady, I really mean the perfect housewife, if you want to know the truth of it.

And why?

I blame my grandmother.

She ironed socks.
She folded underwear.
She could cook a turkey, clean a floor and bake a pie. She could curl her hair with orange juice cans. She knew how to balance a checkbook, walk in heels and draw on her eyebrows (albeit less successfully in her later years).

And she made it all look easy. Effortless.

It's that - that simplicity - that sheer elegance - that's what I want to learn.

And so I shall. With the assistance of the interwebz and some good ol' fashioned book-learning, I shall present one 'perfect lady' lesson a week. Now, just know that I WILL be writing it mostly tongue-in-cheek. And that (just for kicks) I'll be assuming a different persona...and she will be called Mary (a nice old-fashioned name). And hey, let's meet on Tuesdays, shall we? I'll make the coffee cake and tea, you wear that feathered hat of yours. Oh, and bring Midge. She's oodles of fun.

Ta for now, darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment