Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dorey's Wedding

Ah, Midge. Thank heavens you're here. I finally got the photos back from Dorey's wedding! Wasn't it just the bees' knees? I mean, honestly! I had the greatest time. Well, for the most part. No occasion is perfect, you know.

What's that? Why did it take so long to get the pictures?

Because, Midgery...there was a backlog at Blacks. You know, where you get film developed.

What? A camera with no film? Midge, what in heaven's name are you on about? My dear, such a thing simply does not exist! Imagine! Next thing you're going to tell me is that we can instantly send people mail. Oh, Midge. What a fantasy you live in!

But back to the photos!

Here's the first one of hubby and I before we left for the ceremony. David took this, so it's a bit shaky. I'm SO glad the kids were able to join us for the wedding. Even though they're young, it meant everything to them to see Dorey get married.

Here's a picture we took in the car, just as we arrived at the church. You'll notice that the baby has changed outfits. I'll spare you the gory details, but suffice it to say that a good mother always brings at least three sets of everything. And baby wipes. For the love of all that is good and holy.

OK, so this is the start of the ceremony. Look, Midge! There you are, a few rows in front. I can tell it's you because you wore that ghastly hat. Really, dear, why did you make that unfortunate wardrobe decision? I know it matched your dress (unfortunately), but Midge, there are other options. Next time we're both going to a wedding, I'll just take you shopping ahead of time. Or better yet, I'll make your dress!

This is the part where they exchanged rings. Ah, it's so beautiful to see two people in love. Again, pardon the shakiness of the photo. David was fairly insistent about being the photographer. Little dickens always knows what he wants!

Alright, this was the garden. I have to say that at my wedding, the flowers were in full bloom - and seemed so bright. The blossoms were just a little underwhelming. Too bad. Dorey looks lovely, though. I wouldn't have used THAT much blush, but to each her own.

And now a few shots from the reception. Midge, is it just me or does Dorey's new husband look like one of those - oh, what are they? You know - one of those creatures that lives in the water?

No! Not a dolphin. Not a shark. Not a hippo. Not a stingray. No, those large gray things - yes! A manatee. Don't you think he and his family look like a bunch of manatees?

No?

So it's just me then...moving along.

Here's the couple making their grand entrance! Ah, I cried a little. Of course, it WAS funny when the announcer called her "Dairy" instead of "Dorey" - poor dear. That's what you get when you don't pay top dollar for your help.

And here's a picture of the meal. I wanted a snapshot to send to the banquet hall with my letter of complaint- the potatoes were undercooked, the meat was overcooked and the dessert was dreadful. I'm not even sure what it was.

What's that? Trifle?

Well, it should've been more than a trifle better, amiright?

Midge? That was a joke, dear. Generally, a polite lady laughs when another lady makes a joke. I'll just give you a few seconds.

And finally, a picture of the bride and groom cutting the cake. Which, as you know, I baked. It was, I have to say (without any prejudice) the best part of the day.

Whew. Time to put these into my album and stick them on the shelf with the others. Midge, I hope you liked the wedding as much as I did. Oh! And before you go, this is for you.

What is it? It's a packet of doubles, silly. So you can put them in your own album. No need to thank me! It's my pleasure, dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment